A (Short) History
Tayabali Tomlin is a leading firm of chartered accountants, tax specialists and business advisers with offices in Cheltenham, Moreton-in-Marsh and London.
Founded over thirty years ago, we provide a comprehensive portfolio of services designed to support our clients with business advisory, tax planning and accountancy services.
Here’s a short history of the firm…
- 1979: Arif Tayabali and David Tomlin establish an accountancy practice in Cambridge.
- 1993: Asad Noorani expands the firm to the Cotswolds with the opening of an office in Moreton-in-Marsh.
- 1999:A third office is opened in Henley-on-Thames (this office was subsequently sold).
- 2000:Aynsley Damery joins the firm from KPMG and sets about a programme of systemising the business and introducing new service lines.
- 2007:Tayabali Tomlin start the process of building strategic partnerships with leading accountancy networks: AVN – The Accountants, Peak Performance Accountants, The Principa Alliance and The 2020 Group.
- 2008:The firm is a runner up in the AVN firm of the year awards.
- 2010:A new office is opened in St James’s Square, London.
- 2011:A further office is opened in Charlton Kings, Cheltenham.
The firm also becomes a business member and corporate sponsor of B1G1: Business for Good, embedding giving into the firm’s ethos.
- Winter 2011:Paul Dunn delivers a keynote address at a Tayabali Tomlin conference at Cheltenham Racecourse.
- Spring 2012:A major overhaul of the IT infrastructure and systems is completed, enabling further innovation across service lines.
- Summer 2012:The firm begins annual sponsorship of the Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards.
- Autumn 2012:Major branding update is implemented.
Tayabali Tomlin sponsors the Gloucestershire Women in Business Awards, and the firm joins The Living Wage Initiative.
- November 2012:The firm goes paperless.
- January 2013:Launch the Tayabali Tomlin App and new website
- March 2013:Named as one of the World’s 12 Most Inspiring Accounting Firms.
- June 2013:The mobile website is launched. Our book ’57 Ways to Grow your Business’ is published.
- July 2013:The firm sponsors a Charity Dinner with James Martin at Ellenborough Park.
- August 2013:We become the sin bin sponsors of Gloucester Rugby.
- September 2013:The Power of Small, an event with Paul Dunn is held at Gloucester Rugby.
- October 2013:The firm wins the 2020 Innovation Award for the Most Innovative Medium-Sized Firm in the UK.
- January 201:Aynsley joins the B1G1 Study Tour in Cambodia and helps build a playground for disadvantaged children amongst other things.
- February 2014:The redesign of our new Cheltenham office at 20 Imperial Square is completed.
- April 2014:Launch party of our new Cheltenham office. We become Gloucester Rugby’s Events partner.
- May 2014:The firm is announced as a Trusted Supplier of the Entrepreneurs Circle.
- June 2014:We join the 2020 International Accounting Network. Sponsor the B1G1 Shake the World App.
- August 2014:The firm sponsors Cheltenham’s successful Guinness World Record attempt in aid of Winston’s Wish for most people jiving simultaneously on the Prom.
- September 2014:Accounting for Entrepreneurs is formed and becomes a Living Wage employer.
- November 2014:We win two awards at the prestigious Practice Excellence Awards – Most Innovative Firm and Best Small Practice.
- December 2014:Three events in one day: Gloucester Rugby/Tayabali Tomlin Business Breakfast, “What Will Make Your Boat Go Faster” with Ben Hunt-Davis and and event with the players and coaching staff of Gloucester Rugby with Ben.